Report-Backs on H. Con. Res. 51 Call-In
Thanks so much to all of who called your Representative concerning H. Con. Res. 51!
[Update by KG, 3:22 PM] While H. Con. Res. 51 did not pass, 148 members of Congress supported Kucinich's resolution that would have directed the President to remove U.S. armed forces from Libya, pursuant to the War Powers Act. 265 members of Congress voted against the measure while 19 did not vote. You can check to see how your member of Congress voted here.
Please take a moment to report your call by posting a comment on this page. We provided a sample call script below.
Call Script for H. Con. Res. 51
1. The Congressional switchboard is 202-225-3121.
2. Ask to be transferred to your Rep's office.
3. Ask to speak to the staff person who handles foreign or military affairs. If you can't speak with this person, just leave a message with the individual who answered the phone.
4. Say, "I urge Rep. __ to vote yes on H. Con. Res. 51, which would direct the President to remove U.S. military forces from the Libya conflict, pursuant to the War Powers Resolution."
5. When you're done, please take a moment and report your call by posting a comment below.