Just Foreign Policy
Just Foreign Policy is seeking a Policy Associate to support the organization’s work in developing and advancing just foreign economic and military policies. The ideal candidate will have expertise in legislative affairs and US foreign and/or economic policy as well as exceptional research and communications skills.
Just Foreign Policy (JFP) is an independent and non-partisan membership organization dedicated to reforming US foreign policy by mobilizing and organizing the broad majority of Americans who want a foreign policy based on diplomacy, law, and cooperation.
· Identify and pursue legislative and advocacy opportunities that advance peace, diplomacy, environmental sustainability, and corporate accountability
· Work with partners in government, academia, and civil society to design new legislative or public policy proposals focused on US and international institutions
· Design and implement grassroots and “inside-outside” campaigns in support of policy goals
· Build and maintain relationships with policy-makers, coalitions partners, and journalists in support of JFP initiatives
· Develop policy memos, op-eds, video, and other advocacy materials in support of policy goals
· Liaise between grassroots peace and justice organizations and policy stakeholders in Washington
· Support fundraising and member communications efforts as necessary
· A bachelor’s degree is required; graduate degree preferred
· At least 3 years of experience in public policy design, advocacy, or relevant media
· Exceptional organizational skills, strong follow-through, a detail-oriented approach, and the ability to meet deadlines
· Strong writing skills
Salary & Benefits
Closing Date of Position: Applicants will be considered on a rolling basis.
To Apply: Send a cover letter, résumé, and writing sample to email@example.com.